MINDFULNESS IN THE TIME OF QUARANTINING
Quarantine is a very emotionally vulnerable time and it is very important to practice mindfulness for a calm and peaceful lifestyle. While the world is struggling with new Corona Virus cases everyday and more than 3 billion people are under a lockdown, we are under a threat of developing problems like anxiety and depression. We can take certain steps to ensure that our mental health remains good and we take care of ourselves.
1. Work out in small time gaps- The next time you see a short ad break on television, get up and do a quick 30 round of squats and lunges. While washing dishes, practice heel rising. While waiting for milk to boil in the kitchen, do 10 pushups. This will ensure that there is good blood circulation in the body.
2. Skipping and Hula Hoop: A skipping rope or hula hoop are available with most people at home, so start working out in small sets every morning and let those happy hormones out.
3. Dancing- The best way to sweat it out while relaxing your mind is to dance. Put on your favorite music and dance with your family for as much time as you can. Not only will it help you to remain fit and happy, but will also ensure that you make new memories.
4. Walk up and down the stairs- For all those people who have stairs at home, the stairs can be the best way to tone your lower body. Go up and down the stairs as much as you can.
5. Stretch- As soon as you wake up in the morning, do a nice set of stretching. Take your arms straight up and touch your toes. Sway your upper body in all directions. This little exercise will help you become more active.
6. Yoga and meditation- The importance of these is known worldwide and is well proven. Sit on the ground on a yoga mat or a bed sheet and do deep breathing. This can be followed by a an asana. ( See our HEEALS latest posts for all good yoga asana). Start meditating by closing your eyes and concentrating on the tip of your nose or the centre of your forehead. It will help you feel more calm and composed.