TAKING CARE OF MENSTRUAL HEALTH DURING QUARANTINE
During quarantine, it is extremely important for everyone to maintain hygiene by bathing regularly and wearing clean, well ironed clothes. An important thing for girls is to keep in mind their menstrual hygiene which a lot of them tend to ignore. Carelessness can lead to infections thus it is important to take care of oneself.
1. Keep changing pads/ tampons regularly- Keep changing napkins and other things of use after usage of 6-8 hours. This is done to avoid the development of any kind of bacteria that may be harmful.
2. Increase water intake- Drinking 2-3 litres of water everyday will ensure that the flow is good and there is less bloating and cramps.
3. Reduce intake of sugar/ carbs and consume more fruits- During PMS, mood swings can take a toll on one’s health thus leading to BINGE EATING. This can lead to cramps and weight gain. To avoid this, one must increase our fruit intake to get more nutrition.
4. Do a light exercise- Exercises like walking, yoga, stretching and dancing can increase blood flow releasing endorphins or happy hormones to put you in a better mood.
5. Sleep on time and avoid caffeine- This will ensure that you feel fresh and rejuvenated. For caffeine, use substitutes like ginger ale, lemon water and herbal tea to help you with those cramps and sore muscles.